Saturday 25 April 2015

Feeling Hungry? I've got just the place...

This past week I've been a bit of a spendthrift when it comes to food, dining out in what are now two of my new favourite restaurants to stop for lunch and a cheeky chinese inbetween the two, but let me tell you about these two little gems.

First up is The Oyster Bar located on the docks in West Mersea, Colchester, Essex, in which James and I headed last Sunday with hope that the summer weather we had that week would be following that day. It didn't. So we decided to have lunch here instead, and whilst the outside doesn't look too glamourous, the inside is incredble and far from your average fish and chip shop on the front! I would give you some pictures but even on this dismal Sunday afternoon it turned out we still had to book to get a seat and they were full for the day. Luckily in the grey cold outside there was outdoor seating available... Fabulous...

We still wanted to stay so I dug into a plate of the most fresh tasting plate of cockles I have ever tasted whilst James had a fancy prawn cocktail, then for mains James had classic fish and chips with mushy peas whilst I tried the king scallops and bacon salad. The food was fantastic.





And if you don't believe how good it is by the pictures or my word, take a look at their wall of fame, on the inside they have a list of all the famous people they have had tasting their food. I managed to get a quick snap shot whilst I was cueing to buy pots of cockles to take away, and yes that is Justin Timberlake on there! 

My other little discover came today after having lunch with friends at the Thatchers pub/restaurant located in Mount Bures, Suffolk. This lovely little village pub has a fantastic location, where outside seating looks over rolls of fields, and the modern yet classic interior makes you feel very at home.



The food was also amazing great hearty portions, and with a window seat what more could you want! I had delicious chicken and chorizo pasta with a creamy sauce and garlic bread, my friends had the biggest portion of fish and chips I've ever seen and we ate the whole lot.

For those of you who know me, I am a huge foodie, and absolutely love to both cook and eat! I am most definitely one of those saddos you see in the restaurant taking a picture of their frothy coffee or their food, but hey it makes for a good blog!

See you on my next adventure, 
Jadeene x

1 comment: